Sunday, November 27, 2011

Part 1: Intuition: Are you In-to-it?

Photo taken by Roberto Kaplan, Roberts Creek, BC

My intuition is one of my favourite and sacred gifts that I possess, other than compassion and passion which I rediscovered this weekend. It's also one of my favourite topics of discussion!

I was aware of the notion of intuition at a relatively young age, sometime after my family moved to Canada.

It was sometime between the age of six and eight when my Mom, from upstairs, would ask me if I was in the cookie jar or sugar bowl (and to this day, I still love cookies - I'm the cookie monster in disguise1 ; ) - and sweets, i.e., sugar) when I'd be downstairs. (Think of the song, "Sugar, sugar, doo doo doo doo, doo doo, Oh honey, honey, doo doo doo doo, doo doo, You are my candy girl...")

"How did she know that?!,” I wondered. I was surprised and shocked. I surmised from that experience that she must be a witch, but a good witch. I wanted what my Mom had, whatever 'that' was.

Not till years later, in my teens perhaps did I realize that ‘that’ was known as intuition. I started having experiences such as walking into a place, either a potential residence or workplace and know immediately when stepping in the front door and seeing from that viewpoint whether I wanted to live or work there or not.

I'm not exactly sure when I became aware of knowing if I liked someone or not and vice versa, upon a first acquaintance. However, I wasn't always right as sometimes as I got to know a person I got to like them.

In fact, that's what happened with a woman I met a little over two years ago as I judged her according to her outward appearance and I was so wrong. She became my best friend and is extremely funny and down-to-earth. I think she is one of the very few people in my life who really get me (i.e., understand me) at a very deep level, at my core, my essence. (I alluded to her in my Part 2: Three Amigos (Friends) posting, November 7th.)

As I wrote too much in my original piece (sitting in draft form), I will post Part 2 next time. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment