Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy, Happy!


Happy 10th anniversary to me today, living on the beautiful North Shore, North of Vancouver, where I was guided to move to from Kitsilano (AKA Kits) in Vancouver.

I moved from Kits with its trendy neighbourhoods, homes, eateries, store-fronts, and beaches. Never thought I would move from there nor expected to, at least in a long time, as I didn't want to. After all, since I had moved to the east side of Vancouver years prior, I yearned and made it a goal to move to Kitsilano, finally ending up there.

The day after my tiring move, I was awakened and startled - I was looking forward to sleeping in! - to quite a number of intermittent sirens of emergency vehicles. Though I had moved about a block away from Lions Gate Hospital, I wondered what the commotion was all about. When I finally rolled out from my lazy bed, I discovered the noise nuisance: Canada Day parade on Lonsdale!

So Happy Anniversary to me and Happy Birthday to Canada!

I'm grateful to be Canadian ...
though I'm proud to be European-born. ;)

What are YOU grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. That is a recent photo of me hugging a maple leaf tree. If you look close enough, you'll see a heart (albeit a bit lopsided) shape of moss on the tree! ;)

    ReplyDelete