Monday, August 4, 2014

A Mini-Vacation


My former couch (colour is brighter than shown)

Dear Readers,

For those of you who were or are part of the Ultimate Blog Challenge (http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/), I am taking a much-needed mini-vacation. After hours and hours of researching, reading, downloading, and typing posts daily last month, I am taking some time off to rest. I was quite exhausted towards the end of my 31-day (July) daily postings.

Furthermore, I am enjoying my favourite festival, a 10-day reprieve for me at Harmony Arts Festival in West Vancouver, BC (http://harmonyarts.ca/).

For me, a sensuous love affair savouring the smells, sights, tastes, and sounds of this festival through delectable cuisine (with some local restaurant booths and some food carts in attendance) - a feast for the nose and mouth - admiring the many talented artisans showcasing their homemade fare of arts and crafts - a feast for the eyes - listening (and dancing, though not yet) to great free entertainment, i.e., live outdoor bands - a feast for the ears - all in a picturesque landscape, by the ocean.

I highly recommend one of the featured movies, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_Exotic_Marigold_Hotel) - what a hoot! With actors including Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson, Maggie Smith, and Dev Patel, the latter whom you may know from Slumdog Millionaire an unusual, interestingly twisted plot-wise movie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slumdog_Millionaire), I laughed so much during that movie! What a delightful treat!

Ok, it's BC Day (that's British Columbia Day)...I wish to go and celebrate...so off (the computer) to get ready and off I go hey ho, hey ho! ;)

How do you rest, relax, and rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul? Do you treat yourself to an occasional mini-vacation?

6 comments:

  1. U deserve this vacation, elly! U have worked really hard last month and ur every blog resonates with dedication and life :) happy vacationing :) gotta see d movie u recommend
    - asma a.k.a asiya fathima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asma! Yes, I do deserve it and so do you! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was exhausted after the July UBC too. The Exotic Marigold Hotel and Slumdog Millionaire are awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were a few of us at least who felt that way Suzy: that's why my vacation, albeit it may be a much longer one! ;) That is, not sure if I'd do a daily one again. And yeah, those two movies were "awesome" as you say, though I say "brilliant." ;) <3

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete