Friday, July 24, 2015

The #Cherished #Blogfest


Directive for the CHERISHED Blogfest, we invite you to talk to us about one of your cherished objects. Tell us what it is, post a picture of it if you like, and tell us why you cherish it.

Keep your post to 500 words. Place the Cherished badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Above all, join us in making new connections, and renewing old ones: visit each other and leave comments, try and follow your co-participants on your blogs and social media so they can follow you back.

Add your name and blog link in this Linky List, sign up for the Cherished Blogfest, and share your cherished memories on 24th, 25th and 26th of July 2015.

**************************************************************************************
Since others aren't writing about an object necessarily, I will choose not to either. Otherwise, you can read about that in an earlier blog post of mine. I actually need not take a(nother) photo or write as it is all here: http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2015/02/nablopomo-makean-inspired-dance.html in black and white and colour, photos in colour that is!

It took me a few minutes to think about what I most cherish. Objects provide temporary pleasure, but something more of a lasting nature is what I was considering. And then it came to me: But of course! (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2012/02/communications-from-my-dead-twin.html)

Heart mandala (I made from stones & shells)

When it comes to something precious, one thing I most value is the size of a person's heart (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2012/03/perhaps-analogous-to-heart-shaped.html), and yes, mine included! ;)

In keeping with that, friendships are very important to me as friends can be there for me at times when I need support that I think I won't get from my family. Also it's fun to enjoy community events and activities with friends.

Furthermore, I have come to realize the value of friendships having had none at one point in my life. This occurred when I left my entire support system behind, shortly after moving to British Columbia from Ontario. And having no friends is like a vacant room: bare, empty, and boring, lonely even!

I have felt lonely a big part of my life - distant past - and still do occasionally at times, though rather rarely as of late. Loneliness hasn't been an issue for me the past few years for the most part, and in particular this year with new people I have encountered in various networks.

Lucky me, this year it seems that I have been blessed with more friends than usual as I usually have had only one or two close friends at a time in past.

A number of people, primarily friends and some acquaintances live in my neighbourhood and surrounding area. A few in fact moved a few blocks below the highway, whereas I live a few blocks above it.

I am so grateful for that as I cherish their friendships. Hopefully they do likewise! ;)

30 comments:

  1. What a beautiful heart mandala you made with stones and shells, Elly! I can see why you would cherish it so much, you are indeed blessed with such beautiful friendships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beloo! :) I so appreciate your sweet and kind comments. :) <3

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful! And I agree with you - friends should be cherished. They are with us in our thick and thin. They are the family we choose for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parul for understanding. I am grateful you do! :) <3

      Delete
  3. Friendships are truly the most cherished. Hearts that just click and join into something special. The mandala is beautiful, lovely colors. Agree with Beloo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inderpreet. :) I cherish your comments. <3

      Delete
  4. Just one statement Elly. You are a very warm person, and you are bound to make friends. Cheers to u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Ajay! :) Your comment just melted my heart! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. Yes, missed to mention, that the Mandala is very beautiful and it reflects that you are truly an artist. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, yet another melting comment by you! ;) Thanks so much! :) <3

      Delete
  6. What a great perspective on the prompt, Elly! ☺ Good friends are hard to find and they should always be cherished, I think you will make friends wherever you go, as you're such a warm, loving person. Beautiful mandala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! :) I so appreciate that as I wasn't sure if it was kosher per se; however, I guess I am one to break the rules by going outside the box to play when I can. ;) And thanks for your sweet comments. <3

      Delete
  7. True, friendships are something to be cherished for a lifetime! That is a beautiful heart mandala you made! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on both counts Aditi: much appreciated! :) <3

      Delete
  8. Ah, friendships are the best things in life, and that mandala is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friendships are the cornerstones of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I suppose they are A.G., never thought of it that way. Thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  10. Elly, in a way, my post was about friendships too. Great take on the Cherished blogfest, and thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my apologies for this late reply! Great minds think alike as they say! ;) Thanks for your comments. :) <3

      Delete